The beatification of Pope John Paul II is a time to personally experience God’s Divine Mercy. God sent Karol Cardinal Wojtyla, a true embodiment of Holiness, to our Parish in September 1969 so that we as a community can whole-heartedly partake in his beatification and his eventual elevation to sainthood.
In thanksgiving, a program has been prepared for our Parish to spiritually participate in the beatification of John Paul II.
• We prayed a special Novena for the last next nine weeks with readings of selected text from the letters of John Paul II written specifically for the Year of the Family.
• The peregrination of the Divine Mercy icon continues to inspire those who embrace in prayer the image at their homes.
• A Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady Shrine of Our Lady of the Island, Manorville, NY 11949
• A Night Vigil on the eve of the beatification starting at 8:00 PM and ending just before midnight with recordings of John Paul II reciting the rosary as well as photos taken of him during his life. The evening was alive with song and music, which enriched the memories and accounts of our beloved Pope.
• A special mass at 11:30 AM on the day of the beatification was overwhelmingly attended by our parishioners; children from the academy, the Krakowianki and Gorale and Polish Saturday School; the Polish Scouts; Angelus Choir from the Polish National Home; as well as soloist, Ewa Lewandowska. The children from the Polish Saturday School prepared a special presentation about the Pope in word and song. During the Mass the new portrait of Blessed John Paul II was consecrated.
• In addition, after Divine Mercy Devotion on beatification Sunday, a concert by Ewa Lewandowski from Poland was dedicated to Blessed John Paul II. Her vocal talents and musical selection provided for a truly inspirational experience.
• Father Joseph Szpilski and a contingent from our parish travelled to Rome for the beatification of Pope John Paul II.
• Blessed John Paul II is a true inspiration; consequently, we plan to include his meditations in our May devotions, June devotions and October Rosary devotions.